Our mission is to ‘Make Jesus Known in Barlanark and beyond’ and this statement makes clear how we promise to live together as a local church of people on this mission. It is simply a retelling of some of the key biblical expectations for people who know Jesus.
We, the members of Hope Community Church Barlanark, have been saved by Jesus and so commit together to Make Jesus Known together in Barlanark and beyond.
We will Proclaim the Gospel
- By praying for and taking opportunities to tell the Good News of Jesus to our family and friends, in our church and in the community.
(Deuteronomy 6:4-9, 11:18-19, Matthew 28:16-20, Acts 1:7-8)
- By seeking the good of the community as we live lives that authentically display the gospel.
(Jeremiah 29:7, Matthew 5:16, Acts 2:42-47)
We will Make Disciples
- By running from sin and becoming more like Jesus as we daily repent and believe the gospel.
(Romans 6:1-14, 1 Thessalonians 4:1, Titus 2:11-15, 1 Peter 1:13-16)
- By helping each other become more like Jesus as we love one another, confess our sins to one another and challenge, encourage, build up and serve one another.
(John 13:1-20, Romans 12:9-21, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Hebrews 3:13, 10:24-25, James 5:16)
We will Live in Community
- By gathering weekly together for corporate worship, praying for one another and submitting to one another for the sake of Jesus.
(Ephesians 5:21, Hebrews 10:25; James 5:16)
- By rejoicing with one another’s joys and grieving with one another’s hurts.
(1 Corinthians 12:26, 2 Corinthians 13:11; Galatians 6:2)
- By forgiving one another and being patient and gracious with one another, thinking others more important than ourselves.
(Galatians 5:26, Ephesians 4:2, Philippians 2:1-5, Colossians 3:13)
- By gladly offering hospitality to one another and using our gifts to serve the church.
(1 Peter 4:9-10, Galatians 5:13)
- By cheerfully and regularly contributing to the needs of the church and caring for to those in need.
(2 Corinthians. 9:7, Galatians 6:10; James 1:27; 1 John 3:16-18)
- By gratefully cooperating with and submitting to our pastors as they care for our souls.
(Hebrews 13:17, 1 Peter 5:1-5)
- By humbly submitting to the discipline of the church as we encourage each other to die to our sin and live for Jesus.
(Matthew 18:15-20, Luke 17:3-4, 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, Ephesians 4:15-16, Hebrews 3:13)
- By uniting together without division as we follow the Bible’s teaching articulated in our ‘Foundational Statements’.
(Psalm 133:1, 1 Corinthians 1:10. Ephesians 4:1-16, Philippians 2:1-5)
In all this we rely on the grace of God as we ‘Make Jesus Known in Barlanark and beyond’.